I know that deodorant has a lot of bad stuff in it...mainly aluminum which can be considered a health risk. I've purchased a lot of different "all natural" deodorants and haven't had much luck with them. I have been seeing a lot of recipes to make your own so I picked one and so far am loving it! Here's the recipe (compliments of Plant Therapy's essential oil blog):
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (I used organic)
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Corn Starch
1-1/2 Tbsp Bees Wax
40 drops of Essential Oil (I used 15 Lavender/15 Lemon/10 Frankencense)
Slowly melt the coconut oil, baking soda, corn starch and bees wax over low heat until melted. Add your essential oil (mix well) and pour into deodorant containers. This filled 3 deodorant containers.
I can help you get started with doTERRA essential oils and for my deodorant containers, it was cheaper for me to go the the Dollar Tree and buy 3 deodorants. I emptied and cleaned them out...that worked great!
Side note: This was oily when I first applied it...but it soaked right in. Personally, I would rather have healthy stuff soaking into my body over chemicals any day!
I would love to hear how this recipe works for you if you'd like to share...
"Stay positive in a world full of negativity. Stay loyal in world full of distrust. Lastly, stay original in a world full of followers and trends."
I had lunch with a friend yesterday that stirred up some feelings of gratefulness. I am so thankful for my girls friends that bring out the best in me...
Life is good.
I don't forget to count my blessings each day but I do find myself becoming too comfortable in this life filled with Grace. All my happy feelings of being blessed with a renewed marriage has filled my heart today. If you are finding yourself losing hope...DO. NOT. GIVE UP! Trust me...I've lived it...there IS hope. This song says it all..the lyrics are below.
growing old together, we've made it easy just to quit
Love has become a negative percentage, why do we bother to commit
We've got a long list of
excuses, ways we try to justify
Well, I propose to you the truth is, marriage does not have to die
I know you're feeling like it’s
falling apart and it can't go on anymore
But God is a God who knows how to
heal so just give it up to the Lord
And He will restore
He said with
this ring I promise, and with I do she said forever
But right now if they're
being honest they don't know if they'll stay together
Let's fast forward to
the future after struggling on their own
They finally figured out they needed
Jesus in the middle
Now I'm watching God rebuild their
The enemy tries to come and divide
to get us to give up the fight
But darkness will always lose out to
'Cause we've got the power of Christ on our side
I see you
growing old together
I pray I find a love like yours
So if you're
feeling like it’s falling apart and it can't go on anymore
God is a God who
knows how to heal so just give it up to the Lord
And He will
Like it was before
You may have strayed off course
I smell Spring in the air and for a lot of people that means "Spring Cleaning"!!! And I personally, can not wait!
Here are 10 ways to clean with Vinegar.
1. Dish Washer: measure 1 cup of vinegar and pour in the bottom of your EMPTY dishwasher. Run as usual.
2. Washing Machine: measure ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup water and put in your detergent drawer (for front loaders) or right in the wash basin for top loaders. Run through a normal cycle. When the cycle has completed, wipe the rubber seal with a wet cloth and leave the door open to air out.
3. Floors: The correct ratio of water to white vinegar is ½ cup white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm/hot water. If you are washing your hardwood floors, make sure they are sealed before trying this.
4. Refrigerator: mix one tablespoon vinegar to 16 ounces water and put in a spray bottle – spray on
shelves and walls on interior of refrigerator and wipe clean. This same solution can also be used on the exterior of your refrigerator.
5. Stainless Steel: mix one tablespoon vinegar to 16 ounces water and put in a spray bottle – spray
on a microfiber cloth and wipe clean.
6. Coffee Maker: fill coffee pot with equal parts water and vinegar. Pour in the water dispenser and
run coffee pot as normal. Empty water and vinegar from coffee pot and run 2-3 cycles with just water. Wipe with clean, wet dish cloth until clean.
7. Carpet: use an equal parts ratio of water to vinegar and rinse thoroughly. I use this to spot clean. (I also add essential oils to this for scent and extra cleaning power)
8. Garbage Disposal: pour ¼ cup vinegar and 10-20 drops of essential oils. My favorites are tea tree, lemon, orange. Pour in disposal and let sit for a couple minutes. Run cold water in disposal and turn on disposal to clean.
9. Toilets: pour ½ cup to a cup of vinegar plus 10-20 drops of essential oils. Again, my favorites are tea tree, lemon, orange. Pour in in the toilet bowl. Let sit for a couple hours, swish and flush.
Simplifying Real Estate. Simplifying Life.
Subscribe to Blog
©2016 CENTURY 21 Ace Realty. CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each office is independently owned and operated.