I recently read an article on The Daily Femme and thought some of this advice was too good NOT to share.
What does it means to be successful? Does it mean a high paying job? Owning your own home? Owning a business? Or are you more successful having a happy, healthy family? Or is it as simple as being satisfied and content at the end of each day?
Success has a different meaning for each one of you. No matter what that is...here are some great habits that can help you become what defines you as successful...
1 – She makes time for herself. With schedules running rife filled with meetings and kids soccer matches, a successful woman knows her own value and knows that she needs time out to rejuvenate and just focus on herself. This could be a simple trip to the nail salon or a relaxing bath at home. Perhaps she might even like to just take a walk alone of a morning, as long as she schedules in some time somewhere for herself.
2 – She challenges herself. This can be done in so many ways. She can challenge herself intellectually, physically, mentally… She can set herself goals then push them a little higher. The point is that she is always challenging herself to achieve more…
3 – She educates herself. And I don’t mean she has to have a University degree. Knowledge is power and a successful woman is aware that she needs to be educated. Whether it’s in business or day-to-day life, a successful woman researches, reads and asks questions.
4 – She understands mummy guilt and general woman guilt, acknowledges it, and moves on. Mummy guilt is something we live with everyday, we feel guilty if we go to work, we feel guilty if we stay at home, we feel guilty for just about everything. But we need to acknowledge that we feel this way because we want the best for our children, for our families and for ourselves.
5 – She knows healthy doesn’t always mean going to the gym. Healthy isn’t only exercise and food intake. Healthy is a mindset, it is about our whole life. It encompasses everything we do, everyday. A successful woman knows the importance of her health and makes it a priority.
6 – She is financially savvy. It is vitally important to know the ins and outs of your finances, to be on top of your financial situation. Successful women are successful because they can manage the important areas of their lives. Financial stability is such a massive part of life – and that doesn’t mean that you have to earn a six figure pay check. A successful woman doesn’t live a champagne life on a beer budget.
7 – She smiles. No resting bitch face here. Do you realize how different you feel if you smile. And what about when you smile at someone else? I challenge you to smile at a complete stranger today. Chances are they will smile back. That means your smile just made someone else smile. That’s pretty darn powerful. Successful women know the power of a smile and use it. A successful woman knows that we all get further in this world by being nice and smiling, our mothers taught us so.
8 – She can step away from her job and have a life outside of her workplace. A successful woman knows that work isn’t everything, all the time. Sure, there are times in her life when work needs to come first and that’s okay – but she knows that she can step away and it’s okay. She can switch work off, step away and enjoy herself.
9 – She sets herself goals and methods for keeping track of them. ‘A goal without a plan is just a wish.’ A successful woman knows where she wants to be and has a plan on how to get there. She sets goals for herself and puts into place an action plan to achieve those goals. She measures her success, re-evaluates and sets more goals.
10 – She celebrates the wins, both big and small. A successful woman knows the importance of celebrating the wins. Some days that may be as simple as ticking off items from the to do list or as big as achieving her major goals – either way, she knows that celebrating the wins helps keep her motivated and driven.
11 – She helps others through selfless acts of kindness. The old idea of needing to be ruthless in order to succeed is long gone. A successful woman gives back, she gives and expects nothing in return. She smiles at others, she helps others and she is kind.
Article credit: http://www.dailyfemme.com/2015/05/11-habits-of-successful-women.html
So good and so easy!!!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1/3 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
2 Tbls Cooking Oil
1 lb Chicken breasts, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Half and Half
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
8 oz Penne Pasta (I use Gluten Free Brown Rice Penne)
2 cups Fresh Spinach
1. Cook pasta according to package, drain and rinse
2. Chop sun-dried tomatoes and mince garlic. Heat cooking oil with sun-dried tomatoes and garlic on medium heat.
3. Add chopped chicken, generously season with salt and paprika. Cook until chicken is cooked through completely.
4. Add half and half, bring to a boil. Add cheeses, stir for 30 seconds. Reduce heat and simmer and continue stirring until cheese is melted.
5. Add cooked pasta and spinach, mix together and cover on a low simmer until spinach has wilted.
We are all given opportunities and destinations to choose right or wrong. I personally strive to learn and experience something new each day. I humbly accept responsibility for the days I don't make the right choices and learn from those days waking up each day with a new perspective. I can't speak for any other but I will continue to learn, experience and pursue new ways to improve my quality of life. Thought-filled choices and a healthy lifestyle are high on my priority list. How about you?
1. Drink more water. SO important but a daily struggle in my life!
2. Gratitude. It NEVER gets old to hear that you are appreciated.
3. Wake Up. There is something to be said with "The early bird gets the worm". Our inner clock is meant to rise with the sun and it is proven to be the most productive time of day. With time management you can get your work done during the day so you can relax with family and friends in the evening and go to bed at a reasonable hour.
4. Forgiveness. Holding onto a grudge will only cause bitterness in your soul. Let go! Forgiving someone isn't discounting the behavior it just releases you from it. Best. Feeling. Ever.
5. Simplify. I can't say it enough - Declutter your home. Declutter your office. Organize your space and it will bring peace to your heart. I promise.
6. Discernment. Know when to speak up and know when to keep quiet.
7. Journal. This is something I completely suck at. I will say though, when I write down my thoughts, I sure feel something special.
8. Get Rid of the Yuck. Negativity will literally suck the life out of you. Get rid of it and seek out the positive in life. You can put a positive twist on ANY situation.
I think we all long for peace in our homes. A kind of peace that illuminates joy and contentment. We overthink things. We are super critical of ourselves and surroundings. In our chaos, to follow are a few small things we can do to make our houses homes.
Give your little ones a squeeze. Wrap your arms around your big kids. Your man/woman could probably use one too!
It is truly amazing to watch how the tone of a house can turn on a dime with just one small act of kindness. Actions speak louder than words.
Don't take love for granted. We seem to forget because we get comfortable.
Eat together. Pray together. Enjoy each other. Family is FOREVER!
LOL (Laugh Out Loud).
The more you laugh the healthier you will be - physically & emotionally.
Holding a grudge only hurts one person...you! Forgive, forget and move on!
Be a #1 Fan.
We all have a longing to be supported by those we love most. Show your support by going to school concerts, sporting events, extra curricular activities...get involved. Show excitement even it isn't your "thing".
It's time. Create the peace you long for in your home. Let the dust settle and the laundry pile up while you enjoy your people.
Buying a home can be scary and overwhelming! I know that first hand and want to help you make your move. My commitment, desire to help others and GREAT attention to detail will ensure the process is simple and stress FREE. This is a big deal and a wonderful investment in your future - let's get started...#1 is Find a Realtor (that's me) 920-809-0080
If you are struggling with feeling stressed and overwhelmed...keep reading!
I am not one to keep around a lot of clutter, it makes me feel anxious - even in a clean house. We moved into a smaller home so keeping our space clean and organized makes our home feel bigger than it really is. Let's just focus on why I clean off my counters!
1. Clean Counters = More Workspace
2. Because it is so much easier to bake, prepare meals and snacks. We go out less, rely less on convenience and processed foods and eat out less often. This is much better for both our wallets and our health!
3. A clean kitchen is motivation to keep the rest of the house clean and in order. This makes for a happy Wife and Mom!
Bonus...it just feels SO much better to wake up to a clean kitchen. When my kitchen is a mess I dread getting out of bed even more than I already do. Nobody enjoys washing the mugs before you can pour yourself some HOT coffee or having to shove the mail out of the way to make breakfast.
Do you need help simplifying and organizing? I can help! Just give me a call or shoot me an email!
Even though some won't admit it...we all want to improve our lives, our health and maybe our attitudes in some way or another. I know it is a #goal of mine! Here is a list that will jump start the new you! And...remember I can help simplify life - just give me a call!
1. Sleep more, weigh less.
It's true. Being short on sleep can really affect your weight.
2. Drink more water.
I cannot stress enough. Staying hydrated will flush toxins, help clear skin issues and more!
3. Get more exercise.
Keep moving to reduce stress, stay fit and sleep better.
4. Read more.
Family time! Read out loud.
5. Get more organized.
Create a space everyone can relax in. Unorganized & cluttered homes enhance anxiety in all aspects of life.
6. Clean more often.
Choose one chore a day to stay on top of cleaning so it isn't so overwhelming.
7. Explore more.
More family time!!!
8. Relax more.
We all need 'down' time for ourselves - it makes us better people.
9. Have more patience.
Easier said then done.
10. Forget 'Doing more'.
Everyone wants to be a superhero. Behind closed doors it's impossible!
All we can do is JUST try our best. Everyday.
Looking for a festive and fun way to spread Christmas cheer? Try this fun candy cane scrub made with Peppermint essential oil! This scrub takes only a few ingredients and can easily be customized to your favorite colors and essential oils.
What You Need:
3/4 cup white sugar (you can also use brown sugar or sea salt)
1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil (you could also use almond oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil).
12 drops Peppermint essential oil
Skin safe food coloring
1. Combine sugar and Fractionated Coconut Oil into bowl and divide equally into two bowls.
2. In one bowl, add red food coloring until you get your desired color.
3. Layer the red and white scrub to create a ‘candy cane’ effect.
4. Tie a cute ribbon and tag on the container and you’re done!C
Diffusing essential oils is more than a healthy alternative to burning chemical filled candles...diffusing these oils have many health benefits as well. I can help you determine what oils are best for your needs AND help you get started. All you have to do is call! 920-809-0080
Enjoy these amazing smells!
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that
success is impossible or you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude
all things are possible.
2. Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a "Thank You Walk." It will create
a fertile mind ready for success.
3. Make your first meal the biggest and your last meal the smallest. Eat
breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a
maxed out charge card.
4. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: "What are
the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?" Then tune out
all the distractions and focus on these actions.
5. Talk to yourself instead of listen to yourself. Instead of listening to your complaints, fears and doubts, talk to
yourself and feed your mind with the words and encouragement you need to keep moving forward.
6. Choose faith instead of fear. Faith turns adversities and dead-ends into detours to a better outcome than you
7. Don't chase dollars or success. Decide to make a difference and build meaningful relationships and success
will find you.
8. Get more sleep. You can't replace sleep with a double latte.
9. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things
you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in your purpose, people and the positive present moment.
10. Build your life and career with the 3 greatest success strategies of all. Love, Serve and Care.
11. Every day focus on your purpose. Remember why you do what you do. We don’t get burned out because of
what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it.
12. Remember there’s no such thing as an overnight success. There's no substitute for hard work.
13. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging
14. Implement the No Complaining Rule. If you are complaining, you're not leading.
15. Read more books than you did in 2014. I happen to know of a few good ones. : )
16. Don't seek happiness. Instead decide to live with passion and purpose and happiness will find you.
17. Focus on "Get to" vs "Have to." Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift
not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
Simplifying Real Estate. Simplifying Life.
Subscribe to Blog
©2016 CENTURY 21 Ace Realty. CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each office is independently owned and operated.