It was Andy's birthday last week. I try to make a point in making birthdays special...I did forget to break out the special "celebration" plate. For Andy, I try to make him a dinner I know he likes a lot...and this year it was Rice Meatballs and a Fudge Chocolate Cake. Business has been busy so I asked my parents to make the cake and the girls and I frosted it and added our special touch...sprinkles. We had a great evening and I look forward to many more birthdays with this man! Here is the recipe...Enjoy!
1 cup - Uncooked Rice
2 cups - Water
2 Tsp - Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 lb - Ground Beef (I used 1 lb)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
*I also throw in some Roasted Garlic & Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 cup - Tomato-based Pasta Sauce
1/2 cup - Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup - Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup - Dry Bread Crumbs
1 1/2 cups - Tomato Based Pasta Sauce
1. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to med-low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed (about 20-25 minutes).
2. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet over med-high heat, and cook and stir the garlic until fragrant and soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in the ground beef and other seasonings of your choice. Cook and stir the meat breaking it into crumbles as it cooks until browned and the meat is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
3. Place hot cooked rice, browned seasoned ground beef, and about a 1/2 cup of pasta sauce in a bowl, and mix thoroughly together. Mix in the parmesan and mozzarella cheese until cheeses are melted. Scoop handfuls of mixture and gently form into 2 1/2 inch balls placing balls on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate until cool and firm, about 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
5. Remove balls from frige. Roll each ball in beaten egg and then coat with bread crumbs and place back on cookie sheet. Bake until the outside becomes crispy, about 25 minutes. Heat remaining pasta sauce and serve with rice balls.
I also served a nice salad and french bread with these...along with a glass of wine. Perfect!!
Simplifying Real Estate. Simplifying Life.
Subscribe to Blog
©2016 CENTURY 21 Ace Realty. CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each office is independently owned and operated.