Cinnamon bread doesn't last long around my house. Do you remember the Friendship Amish Bread that used to travel around homes? It sat on the counter for weeks!! This Simple Cinnamon Bread is a shortcut recipe, so in little more than an hour you can enjoy fresh cinnamon swirl bread!
Makes: 2 loaves
Cooking Time: 50 min
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups buttermilk OR 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar and 2 eggs in a stand mixer. Add milk, flour and baking soda. Blend until completely combined.
3. Put 1/2 of the batter into two greased loaf pans. (Basically pour 1/4 of the total batter into each pan.)
4. Mix in a small bowl the 2/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on the top of the batter in each pan.
5. Pour remaining batter into pans. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture. Swirl with knife.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes and toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Simplifying Real Estate. Simplifying Life.
Subscribe to Blog
©2016 CENTURY 21 Ace Realty. CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each office is independently owned and operated.